Building Permit - Commercial

You will need both a Town Building Permit and a County Building Permit to proceed with your project. It is strongly recommended that you start your project by filling out and submitting a Pre-application Meeting Request form to the Town. This meeting will allow our Planning Department staff to become familiar with your project and to answer your initial questions.

Depending complexity of your application, a Development Review meeting may have to be scheduled after the Planning Department completes its initial review. The purpose of this meeting is to allow you to talk directly to representatives from the Buena Vista Planning Department, the Public Works Department, the Fire Department, the Buena Vista Sanitation District, the Police Department, and other agencies to ask and answer questions about your project.

Town Building Permit
Please go here to download the Town's Building Permit. For questions regarding the Town's Building Permit application, please contact our Planning Technician at 719-581-1028 or send an email

County Commercial Building Permit
Please go here to download Chaffee County's Commercial Permit Application. For questions regarding this permit, please contact Pat Green at 719-530-5570 or email him. You can also find him at the Chaffee County Annex building at 112 Linderman Avenue in Buena Vista on Mondays and Wednesdays from 8:30am - 10:30 am and 2:30pm - 4:00pm.

Other permits you may need
  • Access Permit / DrivewayRequest for permission to undertake any physical connections to or obtain access to a public street, alley, pedestrian/bike path, or other public right-of-way.
  • Construction / Excavation PermitRequest for approval to undertake any physical disruption, excavation, construction, or cutting in any public street, access, alley, pedestrian/bike path, or other public right-of-way.
  • Commercial Water Tap Application - Request for permission to tap water main.