Trails Advisory Board
--- The Town is seeking interested citizens to apply to become a member of the Trails Advisory Board. If you are interested, please complete the Advisory Board Application (PDF). These meetings are open to the public, and we encourage you to join in the conversation to better understand the duties and responsibilities of this board. Thank you ---
- The Trails Advisory Board shall study, investigate, develop and recommend to the Board of Trustees the adoption of a written plan for the care, preservation, maintenance, and improvement of the Buena Vista trails system. Once a written plan for the BV trails system has been adopted by the Board of Trustees, the Trails Advisory Board shall recommend annual updates and modifications to the plan. The Trails Advisory Board is also responsible for bringing to the attention of the Board of Trustees any action or condition which is in apparent violation of any ordinance of the Town pertaining to trails or matters related to trails, or recommend any specific remedial enforcement action desired by the Trails Advisory Board.
- The Trails Advisory Board consists of seven (7) members and two (2) alternates, appointed by the Board of Trustees. The Trails Board also includes the Public Works Director, recreation staff and a designated Board of Trustees member, all of whom serve as non-voting ex officio members.
- Trails Advisory Board guiding documents: Town of Buena Vista Comprehensive Plan, Trails Master Plan and Cooperative Management Agreement with BLM.
- The Trails Advisory Board meets at 5:30 PM on the first Tuesday of February, April, June, July, August, October, and December.
- Please email the Recreation Director with any questions.
For descriptions of local trails, please visit Buena Vista Parks and Recreation.