Town Clerk

The Town Clerk is responsible for a wide range of duties relating to town elections, town meetings, licensing, and cemetery records. Notices of meetings, minutes of meetings, and decisions of town boards and commissions are filed in this office.

Notary Services

Notary Public Services are available at Town Hall. We charge $5 per notary signature, and you will need to bring a current photo ID with you. For further information, please view this online document (PDF).

Permits & Licenses Processed by the Town Clerk


Business License Application - New (PDF)

Business License Application - Renewal (PDF)

Peddler/Solicitor/Transient Merchant License (PDF)

Any new business licenses issued on or after November 1 of a given year will be valid through the end of the next calendar year.

If your business has closed and you no longer need to receive business license renewal forms in the mail, please fill out our online form.


Home Occupation (PDF)

Short Term Rental Application - New (PDF)

Temporary Vendor Application (PDF)

Tree Service Application (PDF)


Section 7-93 of the Town Code states "No person shall keep animals or fowl within the corporate limits of the Town unless such person has a valid permit to do so, and no animal or fowl shall be allowed to run or fly at large." If you have horses, cows, llamas, rabbits, goats, sheep, chickens, turkeys, ducks, geese or bees you will need to obtain a permit from the Town Clerk’s Office.

Farm Animal Application (PDF)


Retail Liquor Licenses

If you are seeking to apply for a new Liquor License, or transfer or make changes to an existing license, please contact the Town Clerk’s Office to discuss all of the requirements. The Town Application Checklist (PDF) serves as a guideline, but you will need to speak with Staff to make sure you get the right form(s) and have all the information on the process and documentation that will be required.

Please consult the Liquor Enforcement Division Fee Schedule to determine what fees will be due to the Town and the Colorado Department of Revenue. Fingerprinting is required in order to obtain a liquor license. Please read the Fingerprinting Procedures for Liquor and Marijuana Licenses document for more information. Any additional questions should be directed to the Town Clerk at 719-581-1017.

Colorado Fermented Malt Beverage License Application (PDF)

Colorado Retail Liquor License Application (PDF)

Individual History Record (Liquor) (PDF)

Permit Application and Report of Changes (PDF)

Renewal Application (PDF)

Special Event Liquor Licenses

If you are planning an event where alcohol will be served to the public or invited guests, please review the Nonprofit Special Event Liquor Permit Guidelines (PDF) to see if you are required to obtain a Special Event Permit. You may also review the Colorado Liquor Enforcement Division Bulletin on Rules for Donated Alcohol (PDF) which must be adhered to if your event is a fundraiser.

Special Events Liquor Permit Application (PDF)


Visit the Marijuana License page for more information.

Public Records

The Town Clerk is responsible for public records and other information, including all resolutions and ordinances that are adopted by the Board of Trustees. Records can be requested from the Town Clerk by submitting the Request for Information (PDF) form. If you have further questions, please contact the Town Clerk at 719-581-1017.

RVs and Camping

browns canyon