The Town of Buena Vista Community Vision
(Developed from Citizens' direct wording, Comp Plan 1996, 2006, 2015. We want all components of this vision and must work to create all components. This is the Context within which Town must make decisions.)
General Community Character
We envision the town as a clean, safe, quiet and secure community that is a desirable place to live, work, and play.
Our collective community consists of friendly, well-informed people who feel they can make a difference and have an impact in determining their future and their quality of life and enjoy freedom of expression.
The town we envision has a defined sense of place as expressed in its history and architecture.
The town of our vision has high-quality education and medical and emergency response services, as well as quality, efficient, and well maintained parks and public buildings. The town's public servants exhibit an excellent level of public service, including approachability, honesty and helpfulness. Our town government and community leaders demonstrate accountability, consistency and visibility. We engage in a high level of cooperation with surrounding governmental and nongovernmental entities.
We desire a community where urban, rural and agricultural land uses can coexist in a well-planned pattern. Land use decisions are made with thoughtfulness and an eye toward sustainability. We want a healthy community with clean air and water.
We envision a community in which all citizens enjoy financial prosperity and can find an affordable place to live. The town has a bustling downtown community core with abundant and diverse retail establishments. We continually strive for economic diversity within the community. Our town government is economically stable and viable.
Mission of Buena Vista Town Government
The Town of Buena Vista is to provide high-quality, reliable services for the benefit of our citizens, guests, and employees, while being good stewards of public resources and our natural setting.
Town Government Key Outcome Areas
(These strategic objectives and policies lead toward the Collective Vision Statement, and seek to fulfill the Mission of Town Government. These are what we focus on to establish Goals.)
- Economic Vitality: We want to increase long-term prosperity for Buena Vista citizens in a manner that encourages sustainability, smart growth, and diversification, capitalizes on our strengths and improves quality of life.
- Infrastructure: We want to ensure that we prioritize existing infrastructure and facilitate new infrastructure.
- Community: We want to create a community with a sense of pride and acceptance where all contribute to the social, economic, political life, take part in prosperity and feel respected and safe.
- Environment: We want to create an environment that is safe, healthy, encourages conservation, and makes for a friendly place where people want to live, work and play.
- Water: We want a safe and reliable water supply that comes from diverse sources, and meets the needs of residents and business now and in the future.