The Buena Vista Water Department's objective is to provide high quality, safe, clean water to the Town's water customers conveyed by reliable treatment and distribution.
The Water Department provides the following services:
- Water line locations
- Meter and service line inspections
- New main inspections
- Customer requests
- Treatment plant operations and maintenance
- Service line and meter sizing
- Read meters
- Turn off/on curb valves
- Leak detection
- Backflow device testing
- Water quality testing
- Administration of Water Supply Protection District
View the current Drinking Water Quality Report (PDF).
Water Resources Master Plan
The 20-Year Water Resource Master Plan has been finalized and is available for review at Town Hall and the Public Library.
View the Water Resources Master Plan (PDF).
Water Conservation Tips
Outside watering accounts for 50% of water used during the summer months. While the Town of Buena Vista does not have water restrictions, the best times to water are before 10:30 a.m. and after 7:30 p.m. This will reduce evaporation.
More helpful water tips:
- Water only when a soil probe shows dry soil or it becomes difficult to push a screwdriver into the soil.
- Weeds are water thieves and will rob your plants of nutrients and water.
- Mow infrequently and cut your lawn higher than normal.
- Use hose washers between spigots and hoses to eliminate leaks.
- Consider drip irrigation systems around trees and shrubs.
- Mulch around trees and flowers to preserve moisture.
- Washing the car at a local car wash can save up to 200 gallons per wash.
Bathroom usage represents 45% of the total water utilized in a household.
A few tips for inside water usage are:
- Install a low-flow shower head which uses 2.5 gallons a minute. A regular shower head uses six to seven gallons a minute!
- Check your toilet for leaks. A leaky toilet loses 15 gallons per day; a running toilet loses five gallons per minute!
- Brushing your teeth with water running accounts for two gallons of wasted water, shaving five to ten gallons of wasted water.
- Place a quart or a gallon jug of water in the toilet tank, and you will save that much water when flushing.
- Fill your dishwasher completely before running.
Keep in mind that we live in an arid climate. Being a good steward of our water ensures adequate water in the future. Changing a few lifestyle water habits is easy. Let's work together to keep your town green.
Water Tap Information
If you need to apply for a water tap, please download the appropriate form: