Tree Advisory Board
- The Tree Advisory Board duties and responsibilities are to study, investigate, develop and recommend to the Board of Trustees the adoption of a written plan for the care, preservation, pruning, planting, replanting, removal or disposition of trees and shrubs in parks, along streets and in other public areas.
- The Tree Advisory Board consists of seven (7) members and two (2) alternates, appointed by the Board of Trustees. The Tree Advisory Board also includes the Public Works Director and a designated Board of Trustees member, both of whom serve as non-voting ex officio members.
- Tree Advisory Board guiding documents: Town of Buena Vista Comprehensive Plan, Planting Guide.
- The Tree Advisory Board meets at 9:00 AM on the first Thursday of each month at the Public Works Department (755 Gregg Dr).
- Please contact the Public Works Director with any questions.
The Town of Buena Vista has been certified a "TREE CITY USA" for 29 years, having achieved the standards set forth by the Arbor Day Foundation. Learn more about the Arbor Day Foundation by clicking here.
The Buena Vista Tree Advisory Board oversees the Adopt-A-Tree Program. Trees are available to Town residents who are willing to care for and water a tree planted on Town property adjacent to their property. All trees are paid for and installed by the Town of Buena Vista. Other than the monthly charge for water usage, there will be no other charge to the property owner. The Tree Board will select the date for planting and notify the property owner of that planting date. The Tree Board will choose the tree species and sites. For more information contact our Public Works Director. Click here for the Adopt-A-Tree Program application.